Monday 14 December 2015

Still On The Clash Between Soldiers And El Zakzakky in Zaria

Still On The Clash Between Military Men  And El zakzaky in Zaria

I can remember vividly how close my house was to this sheikh El zakzaky. The tiny pothole road from the major and busy Kongo road after ABU second gate was a no go area mostly on Friday's during the jum'aat prayer. In as much as I sympathise with him for the lost of dear ones, I will advise him to be orderly and conduct their religious activities with all civility, bearing in mind that he doesn't own the society. 



Sheikh El Zak-zaky has a good side of him too, during the 2011 post presidential election violence that broke up in most parts of the North, I did not travel home. I was so lonely and alone in my compound. We had heard loud noises and smoke all over Zaria especially at the Tudun wada Pz area. The Tudun Wada boys advanced to the Gyellesu area (El zakzakys territory) which is also the major base for off-campus students of the FCE and ABU Kongo campus. His boys prevented them from entering as they normally rape and rob students there. Latter that day Kaduna state government declared a 24 hours curfew. We were indoors throughout for almost three days. I even learnt that he shared food to some students but I was scared to even step outside.
El zakzaky should caution his followers and make Zaria comfortable the way it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment